It is rare in modern football that a player becomes synonymous with a club but through the 70s and 80s Steve Perryman was the heart and soul of Tottenham Hotspur. Loyal, loved by the fans and trusted by his managers and players the Spurs captain became the club’s record appearance maker and won two UEFA cups, two FA Cups and two League cups.
OzSpurs is delighted to announce that Steve Perryman will be doing 5 OzSpurs events across Australia in March and April this year, including the opening night of the 2020 OzSpurs National. The format will be a Q&A with Steve hosted by OzSpurs, and then a picture and signing session.
'A Spur Forever’ includes a foreword by Steve’s team-mate and fellow legend Glenn Hoddle. The book is printed in full colour over 304 pages – including over 150 photographs - and has a wealth of memorabilia from Steve's career.
- Made a record 854 appearances for us between 1969-1986
- Record appearances for us in the league, FA Cup, League Cup and Europe
- First captained the team in 1972, then between 1975-1986
- Most honours at Spurs - UEFA Cup 1972, 1984; League Cup 1971, 1973; FA Cup 1981, 1982.
- Footballer of the Year in 1982
- Scored at least one league goal in 17 consecutive seasons - 1969 to 1985
- Played every FA Cup tie between January 1970 and March 1986, a run of 69 games
- Capped once by England v Iceland in 1982
Pre-Sale Tickets: From Feb 6th - 13th is only for OZSPURS members.
Tickets: From Feb 14th tickets go on sale to the general public.